Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Greetings!

That's all she wrote in 2008
But before it ends I just had to state
My apologies for not getting my act together
To write you each a warm new year's letter.
This rhyming attempt may be weak and retarded --
Next year I'll try to get you all carded!

How quickly the months passed! What a year has transpired!
Sarah Palin entertained us; Barack Obama inspired;
We picked up Senate seats, lost our shirts in the market;
I've been on the road with no chance to park it
To New York; Detroit; Philly and Boston!
To Chi-town, Louisville, San Fran and Austin!

We went up to New York in earliest spring
To hear Rich and Mindy's wedding bells ring
Then Tom and Mary Blaske hosted our wedding vows
Which we took 'neath the gazebo at Foxcroft House.

In June besides finally marrying Brad Katz,
I raised lots of money,saw the Louisville Bats,
Bet on the ponies, sipped lots of bourbon,
Knocked on Kentucky doors so suburban.
In November, Lunsford lost by a couple of digits
But a Brad at home makes a happier Bridget.

Such a strange wondrous year from finish to start!
I partied in NY with Nora C. and Madonna;
Bernie Madoff's hijinks broke my heart.
Shout out to my hometown and its poor Big 3 scions,
Its copious snow, and its winless Lions.

But a fresh start is at hand and times they do change
So I'm going to go drink une coupe du champagne,
Tip my hat to Roger Angell, and extend all my warmest wishes
To you, with a slight gloat, as I write from Paris, bitches!

No comments: